Wednesday, August 5, 2009

alexanders, the great

Alexander Wang


or, Alexander Wang

The Musician or the Designer? For those who know me, I'll definitely go for the former, more commonly known as Leehom. He's multi-talented, what with being a producer, singer song-writer, directs his own music videos and able to play the violin (he learnt since he was 5), piano, guitar, drums, erhu etc, and does them all in a humble manner. Yes, yes, I'm a fan. Ok, that's an understatement, I'm a HUGE fan. There, that does justice.

I know it's completely unfair to compare the two coming from totally different leagues but it tickles me to think about these famous artistes sharing the same surnames and christian names. It'll probably make more sense to compare A.W. (the latter) with Alexander McQueen. I must admit that I haven't browsed much on A.W. until today, but I constantly see his name popping up in various fashion blogs to a point that I must really take a look at his collections. I must say his ready-to-wear staples are not my cup of tea, hues too neutral in my view, but I do like some of his shoes and bags. What can I say? I'm a shoes and bags freak, I love almost anything that has to do with these. I'll have to go with Alexander McQueen for the quirkiness and interesting details in his designs.

I'm all into quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment