Wednesday, March 25, 2009

individualism

This word always crosses my mind from time to time whenever my views are in conflict with others'. Sometimes I find it hard to make one's position known and understood.

Does being individualistic means being selfish to others or just merely staying true to yourself?

Does it mean that when you are not being accommodating to others, it makes you less of a thoughtful individual?

Does giving in to peer pressure to make others happy means that you have to do it at your own expense?

Does having different thoughts from others means you have to be subjected to their reasoning?

Individualism:

"the principle or habit of or belief in independent thought or action";

"the pursuit of individual rather than common or collective interests".

Is it wrong then, to have your own opinions and pursue them?

I think not.

Therefore, I now present, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment